The Office of the Director of Public Officers Declarations (ODPOD) is an independent public governance institution within Malawi Government established under Section 6 (1) of the Public Officers (Declaration of Assets Liabilities and Business Interests) Act, 2013. The Act provides legal and institutional framework for the implementation of provisions of Section 88 A and Section 213 of the Constitution of Republic of Malawi.
The Office was established in 2013 and started its operations in 2014. The objective of the Act is to promote public confidence in the public service especially among listed public officers and elected officials.
Mandate: Enforce declaration of assets, liabilities and business interests by certain public officers and connected matters
Vision: A Public service of high integrity and trusted by all
Mission:To promote public confidence in the public service by receiving, verifying and publicising public officers’ declarations and, educating the public on the declaration system.
- Integrity: Adherence to moral and ethical principles
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for actions
- Transparency: Honesty and openness in doing things
- Impartiality: Uniformity in treatment of stakeholders
- Innovation: Embracing change and continuous improvement
- Professionalism: High standards of skills and competencies
- Courtesy: Embracing a culture of respect for others
- Teamwork: Working together cohesively
Objective: “Promoting Public Confidence in the Public Service”
The Directorate is headed by the Director and assisted by the Deputy Director, both of whom are appointed by the Public Appointments Committee (PAC) of Parliament. The Director is responsible for the overall administration of the Public Officers Declaration of (Assets, Liabilities and Business Interests) Act, 2013, including enforcement, regulation and monitoring of declarations submitted by listed public officers.
- Next >>